Tuesday, October 28, 2014

9 months later // ME TIME

Soooooo literally its been 9 months since my last post. I could have carried and delivered a full term baby at this point… and I wish that was my excuse. In fact, I wish I had any excuse! Life the past, basically year, has been a roller coaster. I have moved, changed jobs, changed my hair color several times, had some health issues, gotten too busy for my own good, and many other things in-between. My schedule is close to impossible these days and I wish I had more time for… life! Sadly, there would never be enough time in a day to get everything done I would like to.
For the past few months or so, I have been thinking about my life and what it entails exactly. I mean honestly, I get up in the morning, work from about 9am-10pm most nights and then I have a couple of hours to spend with my husband watching the cooking channel, How To Get Away With Murder or Biggest Loser. Then we call it a night and repeat the same thing the next day.. and the next…and the next.
I don't have any hobbies really… I hangout with my family and husband. That's about it. When people ask me what I do for fun, or in my free time outside of work, I feel like such a fool. I say "uhhhh we go to the movies a lot?" It's really quite sad. I am trying to figure out how to balance everything in life and I still have a ways to go before I master it, but at least I'm actually aware that there's a problem! I wish so badly I was one of those people that worked normal hours, and could then make dinner and clean the house and be a cute house wife. Maybe a crafter, or a jewelry or bow maker. But I'm just not. A) because I literally don't have time. I'm lucky if I have enough time to kiss my husband goodbye before we both go to work, and B) because let's be honest, I will probably just never be some of those things. (I HATE CLEANING. I'm good for a couple days and then my house looks like it was hit by a bloody tornado.) But ANYWAYS. The point is I. Have. No. Time. Or at least thats what I've always thought…
I am in a position where I can basically set my own schedule. I have a couple days a week where I'll work at a salon, and then the rest of the time I work from home, taking hair and lash extension clients out of my house. I am so accommodating to everyone's schedule and I truly love my clients and what I do. But I definitely am guilty of putting other peoples needs before mine. More times than not I am taking clients until 9 or 10 at night. I have so many things I've wanted to try or make time to do that I just haven't done! I would love to somehow get back into taking voice lessons again, (I took them in high school and I've been in several choirs since I was little). I would love to take a pottery class, or a baking/cooking class. And I DEFINITELY want/need to make time to go to the gym. I can't say no to people when they ask, and I realize I'm only doing it to myself. This is something I really have a desire to work on and change in my life. I need to figure out my skills and hobbies outside of work cause "hanging out with friends/family and going to the movies" aren't real hobbies or skills…. unfortunately.
I am going to get a little religious here for a sec. God gave us all unique and special talents and he chose them for us individually. There is a reason we are good at what we are good at, and passionate about what we are passionate about. I truly believe our skills and talents were hand picked for us as individuals. It's just up to us to actually use them! I am starting to realize now that if I don't magnify the skills I have been blessed with, they will eventually go away. Something so special and personal should never be taken for granted.
I am excited to not only build upon the skills and talents I already have, but to also bring new hobbies and experiences into my life. I am going to plan my work around my "ME TIME" schedule. It is going to be very hard but I am going to do it! I am going to find a cycling or kickboxing class at the gym and plan my clients around that class everyday. I am going to look into the classes I want to take and plan my schedule and clients around when those are. I am starting to realize that if I don't continue to grow and expand (mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually) I will not be a happy person. I don't want to be stuck in this cycle I am in right now, or get too comfortable in life. I want to grow and find what my strengths are, in every way possible! I see the importance in having "ME TIME" and I can't wait to become a happier and healthier person.



2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Self care is so important! The sooner we learn that, the better it is for us and those around us. It only took me 30 years ro figure it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing story! Its motivating to read people being able to make things happen the way that you have!

    ReplyDelete