Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1 of the Daddy Diaries

Here it is! My first blog post in the history of ever. On the first day of the new year. Well, where to begin. As some of you know, I was on a weight loss tv show, that started in May of 2010. Two years and 7 months ago. I was given a trainer/nutritionist to work with me for about 4 months, every. single. day. 8 hours a day was devoted solely to working out, along with consuming around 1,000 calories a day. I lost about 50 pounds. That was my life before I went to college in September. I continued to have a trainer after I came to school in Utah and was going to school full time. 40 hours a week. I would go to school, workout for three hours, go to bed, and eat. That lasted until December. I lost a total of 70 pounds in 7 months. It was one of the best/hardest experiences of my life, and I don't regret it one bit. I learned so much about myself, and met some of the most amazing people. But now here I am again, back at square 1. Over the past two years, my weight has fluctuated so much. But I've managed to gain every pound back and then some. I never thought I would, nor wanted to ever get back to this place, but, I am. 2012 brought me so much happiness, the number one thing being getting married to my best friend, and my soul mate. I have so many things to be grateful for, but the bottom line is, if I'm not happy with myself, it's hard for me to focus on everything else I've been so blessed with. 2013 IS MY YEAR, and im doing it my way. The right and realistic way. This is my year to get to lose weight, feel good about myself, and enjoy the journey. I know it's a long and hard road but I am more determined than I ever have been in my life. Because this time around, I'm on my own time clock. I don't have any deadlines, people to please, any networks or producers to impress. I'm doing it for myself. And the fact that I'm saying that makes me so excited and so ready. I made this blog to do weekly entries, videos, etc. talking about how I'm doing. The good and bad, struggles and accomplishments, and I would love everyone to join me on my journey, once again, for the LAST TIME. I'm looking forward to this year. 2013, I'm so ready for you!

5 comments:

  1. I am very pleased with how real you are. I have all the faith in the world that you will succeed and I am going to be right there with you on my own journey. Good luck lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing and you inspire me so much! Keep at it, your beautiful no matter what <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so amazing and one of my inspirations!!I'm starting back on a weight loss journey again as well and am going to start blogging again.Its going to be hard but I'm going to do this.2013 is going to be my year and it'll be yours as well.:)You totally can do this and I have so much faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like many others I loved you on IUTBF, you were my inspiration when I hit a plateau and I identified with most of your personal struggles. I can't wait to follow your blog this year! You did it before I can't wait to see you do it again!

    ReplyDelete