Sunday, January 6, 2013

Patience is a Virtue

If there is anything I've learned its that losing weight takes ALOT of work. Not just physically, but emotionally and mentally as well. This particular quote is so important. Unfortunately, I am a person who has struggled with my weight since I was young. Ever since I can remember it has always been a battle for me, and always will be. Being on the show, I was given a GIGANTIC weightloss goal. I was expected to lose 100 pounds in one summer. And as we all saw, that didnt happen. I was constantly thinking of my huge goal, that seemed so far away and almost impossible. How could i possibly change a whole LIFETIME of unhealthy habbits, in a matter of months. It had taken years and years for me to reach my highest weight, so trying to lose almost half of it in one summer was unrealistic and dumb. I had no room for mess ups, no time for myself, no time to sit and refelct on the 10, 20, 30, 50 pounds i had lost. it was always "i only lost 3 pounds this week insetad of 10?! Great, now i have to lose 17 pounds next week." It was always stressful getting on the scale every week, instead of exciting. It was never enough for me or for anyone else involved. 3 pounds a week is crazy good. And the fact that I couldnt enjoy it makes me sad. So this time around, thats my goal. I am learning to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. I only get on the scale one day a week, but I wake up in the morning and say to myself "I dont know about tomorrow, I dont know about this week, this month, or this year. All I know is TODAY. And today I am eating healthy, and going to the gym." That has been one of the most valuable lessons learned over this whole experience. Without being on a schedule and without any crazy goals, I am enjoying my weight loss. I am excited to work hard, and see the hard work pay off each week. If its one pound lost, two, five or ten, I am enjoying seeing the number drop. I'm taking it one day at a time, and I'm loving it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment