Sunday, January 13, 2013

Never Give Up


As we all know, last weeks weigh in was a "great success!" (Borat voice) when I lost 7 pounds!
Unfortunately this weeks weigh in was a lot less exciting.
I was really good about eating, like really good. I was in the position a few times where I went out to dinner or lunch with family, and I did so good! However, my workouts were not very good. Considering there weren't any. I know, I know. Pathetic. When I had gotten on the scale and saw that I had lost nothing, my first reaction was disappointment. How did I work so hard on eating healthy this whole week, and not lose ONE POUND? Then after reflecting about it that day, I decided I was not disappointed. Yes, I could've worked out more. Yes, I could've done a few things differently. But was I upset? No. Could my weigh in have been worse? Definitely. At least I didn't gain anything back! But right now, I am nowhere near the "maintaining" stage. So this next week, now that I've seen how important working out is along with eating healthy, I'm going to do better. This is a journey and a learning period for me. I'm learning about my body and how it works. I'm learning exactly what it takes for me to lose weight. Now that I'm not on the show, and I'm in REAL LIFE, I'm learning to accept my weight loss no matter how it comes to me. I didn't lose any weight this week. But I did LEARN this week. I'm learning how to do it the realistic way. And if theres one thing I've learned, it is to never give up. 
"Dont give up what you want most, for what you want now." 
As good as staying home in my warm sweats sounds, I need to go to the gym. As amazing as a chocolate dipped oreo brownie stuffed ball of cookie dough with fresh rainbow sprinkles and caramel on top sounds, I NEED to eat this salad. DONT GIVE UP, AND DONT GIVE IN. Be patient with yourself, no matter what your goals are. If you are trying to change something in your life, it is going to take time and adjusting, as well as learning. I am a huge believer in "everything happens for a reason." I always catch myself thinking or saying "why me? why did I have to be cursed with this body when there are people out there who don't think twice about what they eat or working out? Why do I have to workout everyday of my life, for hours a day, for years straight to have a six pack when some people can sneeze right and get one?" But then I remember, this is just my personal trial. Everyone in the world has trials and tribulations. I don't know that natural size 2 girl's life story, but I'm sure theres something bad in her life she is dealing with. And all I need to worry about is myself, and not giving up on myself. Because I'm worth it. I'm worth being happy, and feeling confident, and feeling beautiful. This was only week TWO! I still have many more weeks filled with ups and downs, and I am nowhere near a point where giving up is acceptable. I know I will get to my goal weight someday and be so proud of myself for not giving up. I cant wait for that day! It might take a while, but I know I'll get there.





4 comments:

  1. Great words of encourgement! Keep up the great work and your right we can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job mackenzie! I would love to see a post about your workout. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mackenzie! I think you are awesome and so inspiring! I, too, have struggled with eating healthy and losing weight. It really is such a pain in the a** but so worth it when you see tiny progress. That is what makes you keep going. One step at a time for the bigger picture. :)

    I have a random question that I am interested in knowing. You see, I am 21 and I have low self confidence so I am afraid guys don't like me because of the way I look. How did you meet your husband? How did you show him you were interested in him for him to ask you out for the first time? I think it would be cool if you talked about boys/dates/does he like me/your husband kind of stuff too along with the weight loss journey.

    I feel like most girls feel that the way they look determines if a guy likes you back. So, I think it would be cool if you wrote about this kind of stuff too. :)

    Thanks and I can't wait to hear more about your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your do so great hun,keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete